Tuesday 10 August 2021

There's More to Life Than Books You Know...But not much more. Supporting Acorns Through Poetry

 There's More to Life Than Books You Know

But not much more...


The Poetry of Anthony Frobisher


I write. A lot. Since my daughter Milla passed away in December 2016 I have not stopped writing poetry. Poetry was an initial outlet to express my thought and emotions. I channeled my sadness, anger, loss, frustration, grief into my word and began to share them. I wrote for me, to help me overcome and deal with the most painful loss a parent can experience. It was a catharsis. But, the poetry I shared found an audience. It resonated with other people. I began to write more frequently and expanded my range of ideas and subjects - everything from travelling to social issues, the confusing state of Britain facing both Brexit, then the global Coronavirus pandemic, poetry reflecting the value of silence, the importance and jo of nature and the ongoing refugee crisis. 

My poetry is available in paperback form, and most are available as Kindle eBooks to download.

In support of Acorns Children's Hospice, two of my books are available with all proceeds being donated to Acorns. 

Let The Acorns Grow

Let The Acorns Grow is a collection of poems with two main themes. Hope and Memories. With 10 5* reviews on Amazon, Let the Acorns Grow has proven my most successful book and has raised well over £200 for Acorns. 

It is available via this link - price £10 with free UK delivery




A Poem A Day 2021

Every day in 2021 I have been writing and sharing a new and original poem. In fact, some days I write and share more than one. It is an extremely inspiring and creative process and one I have had the support of a number of well known poets who have collaborated with the 2 published volumes (Volume 1 - January to March and Volume 2 April to June) and been generous with their time and words and allowed me to include their poems in the books. The poets include Brian Bilston. Ian McMillan, Henry Normal and Dean Wilson.

A Poem A Day 2021 - Volume 2 April to July is available with all proceeds being donated to Acorns.

There are three different themes;

April - Weathered Change

May - Kindness and Reflection

June - Summers -Then and Now

Price £10 with free UK delivery, link below




I post regular poetry to my Instagram page @apoemaday2021

I select my favourite poems and upload them to my website


All my poetry collection are available here to purchase in paperback or Kindle eBook download




A final poem. A video of me reading the title poem from Let The Acorns Grow, a poem that reflects how important Acorns are. This poem was featured in the Acorns Children's Hospice year end online video production in 2020. I have also read Let the Acorns Grow live on BBC Hereford and Worcester. 


Please consider supporting Acorns and donate if you can. So we together can Let The Acorns Grow.





Many thanks and best wishes,

Tony Frobisher
August 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment