Tuesday 16 March 2010

Shanks' Pony for a bikeless Frobi

What's the key element in training to ride a bike to London and back....? Yes, a bike. I suppose 2 working legs attached to a fully functioning torso and mental faculty helps, but inessence to cycle you need a bike.

Mine's currently 'wheels akimbo', spread-eagled in the garden with a folorn look on its saddle. Puncture to the back wheel and a stubborn, can't be budged back tyre have stopped my training for a day or two.

So, I will be trudging slowly to the bike shop, people whispering audibly, 'why aren't you riding it instead of pushing it?, ya plonker!'

I have booked the bike in for 'the works' - full service, tyre change, gear cable change, strip down, shampoo and set. I hope it will look as good as new tomorrow and will be considerably easy to ride, more economical on the legs and faster as a result.

I had considered buying a brand new bicyclette for my soiree and petit sojourn to Londres... (at this rate it could be Paris), but I'd love to have a new bike, but I have to be cost conscious and save the pennies. It means that on the day of the cycling challenge I can have an extra bottle of Lucozade Sport and some performance enhancing drugs...(in my case, a liberal supply of Dextrose tablets and Mars Bars).

Just remembered, I must buy a good supply of Savlon and Sudocrem; not for Louisa and Milla, but to oil the love spuds and prevent saddle sores. There nothing worse on a long ride than having a touch of the cyclist dinosaur...'Saddlesorearse'.

Good night good people.

Blog you later.

Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment